Monday, January 12, 2015

One more change down...

Well, we have 17ish changes in a two year mission. A change is every 6 week. And Im already two changes in. I've only got 15 changes left! We had some cool stuff happen this week. We found a new golden family that were gonna baptize. A mom and her daughter. Her name is Esmerelda. She has been looking for a church for a long while now. She knows a lot about the bible and always says her prayers. We had a 2 and a half hour first lesson with her! She's ready to be dunked! The Murillo family is kind of progressing... we found out that the mom and dad aren't married... so that's a problem, They have 4 kids together and are a very close family so its surprising that they aren't married. When we asked them to follow Jesus and be baptized, the two girls said yes and the mom said she would have to think about it and talk to Joel about it. So the girls will get baptized, but Im not sure about Yeni And Joel. Oh well i guess... we are trying to get the two to pray but its hard to get them to do something so easy! We went to Puno last week for p-day and I got to see Lake Titicaca, its pretty big, and the water is gross in the part that I saw. We climbed to the Condor, which is a look out point and that was fun ,ill get pictures of it to  you  guys next week. Its a mile climb of straight up stairs... it gets your legs burning pretty good! Were in Ayaviri this week for zone meeting and no one knows if they have changes this week or not so everyone is panicing.. except for me, cause they sent me an email telling me that I was staying where I am. We set a mission goal for 1200 baptisms... that turns out to be one baptism for every companionship every month.. which is possible... but hard to do. Last year i guess we had 700 or so baptisms. So yeah, that's fun stuff. A funny story... on Monday, I bought a churro... and while I was walking, we saw a family pushing their little moto to a gas station. The two girls were pushing from the back and the dad was steering and pushing from the front-... the mom had a baby and was sitting in the back seat... so, i put the churro in my mouth and push the little car for them. The two girls stop pushing, the dad says hay esta hijas! which means ¨there it is daughters¨, and the mom turns around to see how hard the girls are working to get the car going that fast... and sees a big gringo with a churro in his mouth pushing their car.... anyway, the dad doesn't look back and when i get them to the pump, I just walk by like nothing happened and the dad had no idea, the girls at this point are laughing at their dad confusion when he sees they're 30 yards back not pushing. I imagine they told him it was me, but i didn't stick around to find out. So yeah, that was funny. I am now a pro with my new sling shot... and could peg a turkey between the eyes at 100 yards. All the birds know my name, and the churro lady does as well. So yeah, Im doing good. and having fun. Love you all lots and hope all of you are happy! The gospel is true and miracles happen every day! You  just gotta look for them.
We played a game where you got to draw on the loser's
face. I made it the whole game without a mark....

I finally lost the game!!

Futbol!!

Elder Conception on the streets


No comments:

Post a Comment