Tuesday, January 20, 2015

FRENCH TOAST!!
Well, I broke... I couldn't take it anymore.... I needed good food.... so I bought a little griddle thing and made myself french toast!! It was sooo goood... in reality it was probably some of the worst french toast I've ever had in my life, but compared to what I have been eating it was the best. I didn't have a plate, so I ate it off a card board cereal box and that made it taste even better!! The syrup down here isn't all that great but that's all good. Im now gonna have to make it every other day. Maybe eventually ill try to make crepes, and pancakes, and biscuits and gravy... Maybe.

Anyway, lots happened this week. First off, our zone of Ayaviri was dissolved this week. The church hasn't grown there in years so they pulled the missionaries out. There were six of them. I'm still in the same place of Juliaca, but now we pertain to the zone of Julicaca. So thats fun. Said goodbye to my first zone leader and got a picture of the 3 gringos that were in the zone. So yeah, now we don't have to travel to Ayaviri every other week now which is awesome.

Our investigators are progressing as of the moment and we have another golden family that we met yesterday. The family Morrillo is doing alright, the daughters agreed to be baptized on the 7th of February, but the parents needed more time to think about it so we'll probably move it to a later date. But we had an awesome lesson with the parents this week and the spirit was way strong the whole time. You could see them realize what we were saying was true which was awesome to see, but, the ball is in their court, they can accept what they've learned and get married then baptized.. or they might not. We'll baptize the daughters for sure, but we would like the whole family to be part of it. Esmerelda, and her daughter are reading the Book of Mormon but  were having trouble getting them to pray about it and to come to church. Our long time inve. Alex, told us he wants to be baptized, but we have a lot of work to do with him. He's gotta get married or leave his kid and girlfriend. And he was a little weird at our last lesson, he was really laughy. Which isnt bad, but it was during the lesson and usually he's really serious and has questions. Then there's our new family, its a young couple and the sister. They are cool people and in my mind, they're the kind of people that not only will endure to the end, but excell to the end. So I have high hopes for them! We taugh them how to pray and they seemed excited to do it and get an answer. 

A lot of our work is reactivating people, so we have 6 families that we see and have lessons with, they all have their problems. But the biggest problem is they dont read their scriptures and say their prayers. One family thats been inactive for years, just sent their kid on a mission, Eddie, hes in Lima Central. Since then they've been getting active and we had an awesome family home evening with them on Saturday. It started off bad though. None of the people that said theyd come, showed up. So while we waited, for about an hour and  a half, for the son who was working, the bishop showed up with everyone!! It was a prayer answered. The mom looked relieved and after that we had an awesome lesson about families and temples. Then we played a game where you light a match, say a phrase that means, lighter i give to you, lighter give back to me, then whoever the match goes out on.. gets drawn on.. i uploaded a picture to drop box! Its pretty funny!! I got blue marker all over my face. 

FRENCH TOAST!!


Elder Asay, Elder Hyer, Me!

More game fun.....

Other than that Spanish is hard, and people don't understand me which sucks but i guess that's just how it goes. I cant wait till I can actually have a flowing conversation with our investigators and can answer their questions without having to stutter and stop to check my dictionary. Little by little though. So all is well, and I'm having fun! Love you all lots!

Elder Wright 

No comments:

Post a Comment