Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hey everybody! Hope everyone is doing well and reading your scriptures!!

Sorry, but i only have one story for this week:

So yesterday we're visiting people and we find this drunk guy that had gotten his car stuck in the mud. To be frank, him and the people helping him ( nearby neighbors) had no idea what they were doing, and had no idea how to really get him out. So we go over and start helping out. The guy looks at me and asks if im a Christian, I told him yes, (remember that this guy is drunk, and falling asleep in between everything he says and does) he tell me then I must be a mormon! I tell him yes again and and why he knows that, he falls asleep for a second, then tells me its cause im American, and only the mormons send people from the United States to preach in Peru. I tell him we send people from all over the world to all over the world and he asks me why. We tell him cause we have a message that everyone needs to hear. He asks why we're called mormons. We tell him its cause of the BofM... he falls asleep, wakes up and says ''so, the bible isnt enough for you mormons'' i asked him how many hands he had, he looks down, counts, and says two, so i told him about two, one to support the other, and how the BofM suports the bible and vice-versa. That just seemed to blow his mind! So we start getting the car unstuck, my companion didnt want me to get in the car and get it unstuck cause we have a rule against driving cars. So I tried to explain to them how to get it out but no one thinks the Gringo knows what he's doing... oh how little they know. So they bring in another car and try to pull it out, but they dont know what they're doing so it doesn't work. So I tell them to take gravel and get it under the tires, and they listen to me.. surprisingly. And while they're doing it, we talk to the guy again... hes in his car now, falling asleep, off and on, and I try to explain to him how its all gonna work... he thinks I told him that God will get him out.. so he tells us that he's a bad person and that God won't help, I keep telling him what to do cause I didnt know thats what he thought yet. So I leave cause its not helping out, and my Comp keeps talking to him about no one is an exception to the help of God and the guy doesnt believe. We push him out of the mud with the help of the other car and 6 people pushing (all of us pushing didnt help for nothing) and he catches the gravle and peels out of there spitting mud like crazy.. I saw what was happening and got out of the way... but everyone else got mud splattered, Elder Chacon the worst cause he was right over the tire. The guy gets out of the car and runs to give me a hug telling me that God did it!!! I was confused at this and it wasnt untill later that Elder Chacon told me that the guy thought I told him God would get him out.. so yeah, this guy wants us to come visit, asks to take us home, we tell him where were headed and its the other side of the mud puddle and he insists that he drive us across.. The others when they heard this started laughing, we talk him out of it and promise to come see him and help calm his wife down, etc. The local neighbor let Elder Chacon wash up in his house, even though we had to go change cause he had mud al over his white shirt. But what was crazy is they gave us a 2 liter of Fanta and a loaf of bread for ''bringing motivation'' So yeah, maybe we'll get an investigator out of it, but we dont know, all we know is that we got fanta and bread in exchange for Elder Chacon getting all muddy. 

Yeap, thats the story, long, sorry, but its a little funny.. Love you all lots, stay safe!

-Elder Wrig

No comments:

Post a Comment